Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sweeter than honey..

Years ago on the mission road, whilst consulting   a global organization, alongside,a  giant in the field,   I was with their Corporate team  in Jaipur.  The stillness of the  virgin desert dew,  under  the clear starlit desert night was  broken with the  laughter of the team and conversations, in harmony with the tinkling of the bells worn by the desert camels.

Each one was asked to entertain by singing  a song. There was so much variety with every Bollywood song possible. When it was my turn my voice ascended clear soft and persuasive with joy bubbling in my heart riding into the notes of this song. "He is my everything" ...a song that I used to sing as a child.   There was a rise in applause and each one got so curious as to  who the "He" was. None knew who it was until I got to tell them. 

The opportunities to tell of His works and testify are as numerous and countless as the stars in the sky.
And the metaphor of being sweeter than honey can be best understood when we have really tasted fresh sweet dripping honey from the rock. I have eaten such honey and wow it certainly is so pure and awesome.

Here's the song. I do not know the name of the author.
"He is my everything He is my all 
He is my everything both great and small 
He gave His life for me made everything new 
He is my everything Now how about you 
Like honey in the rock 
Like honey in the rock 
for he tastes like honey in the rock 
Oh taste and see that the Lord is good 
For he tastes like honey in the rock".

With the love of this metaphor, I keep looking for bee hives wherever I travel and found one..but it happened to be a hornet's nest!! Here is the picture..


Towards the end of one  day following some  bees to see where they went in for the night...(picture I took in Virginia of a hornet hive)


I  did discover a hornet hive just near a bed of flowers.
What may seem as  just another bee bringing in honey or a flower waiting for its nectar  to be collected,  was to me a great orchestra ... singing  with me, in harmony this very same song,...."He is my everything"


The Psalmist sings with me in Psalm 119:102-103: "I have not turned aside from Your ordinances, For You Yourself have taught me.How sweet are Your words to my taste! Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" 
Thank you Lord for Your Words, yes it is indeed sweeter than honey to my mouth.

I will write more on why the focus is on a metaphor that brings in the frame of reference to a "mouth" in another post.

In the meantime, may God bless you abundantly.
In Christ
Shanti

No comments:

Post a Comment