Saturday, May 25, 2013

My first Carnatic music praise song, and the Good Shepherd Church.

This is my first post in this blog and dedicated to  my mom, who is also on facebook, and does know how to access my blogs.
Amma (translated "mom") loves the Good Shepherd and so named this blog so. Born in Malaysia, when she was married to my dad and came to live in India, where dad was, the church she went to and still goes to is called the Church of the Good Shepherd. You can read more of this church by clicking HERE
I  record this with my  iphone, a mission gift from my daughter.   Do enjoy and may the Lord bless and keep you and fill you with His Peace. I hope to sing more. God enabled my singing ministry one on one when I used to sing as a child everyday on my bed till my eyes drifted to sleep, and my neighbours slept at the sound of my voice. Later on on the mission road, when I sang to patients, I came to be called "the singing chaplain". To learn regional languages has been a gift showered on me.

Here is the first regional language song. Click HERE, for the song. Tamil has not been a language that I learnt as part of the curriculum or in a language school...God endowed me with the know how, without having attended any formal classes  ...I praise God for having come all this way. It is Christ taught and not self taught. It is no longer I that lives but Christ that lives in me.

This is a keyboard ornament in memory of my mission moments playing the piano.

You can read my art journal down the mission road by clicking HERE 

The praise music recorded here is in a  traditional carnatic melody setting. It was my heart's desire to learn carnatic music having formally learnt Western music all through my years since age 7. God granted me my desire by enabling me sing in carnatic without having had any formal training. These gifts of language and singing I attribute to Father God through whom all things are made possible. Do leave a comment for me. Love to hear from you.
Love you all
In Christ
Shanti

No comments:

Post a Comment